Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week One

The first week of school was somewhat uneventful, although it managed to be completely insane at the same time. I put in 20 hours (yay money!) at the coffee shop where I work and managed to get all of my RA duties, and homework done. Unfortunately, this also meant that I was in bed until 11 or later today and yesterday... Oops!
As far as my not resolutions resolutions have gone, they could have been better. I did work out 3 times but when you are shooting for 5 it doesn't seem that great. Sugar and I are having a slow, drawn out break up. I just can't seem to make a clean break. Any suggestions on how to do so would be greatly appreciated!!
The most important nonresolution I made has been the one that I have hardly thought of. My personal quiet time.  I know that this is the most beneficial and life changing one that I have made, but my humanness just cannot seem to grasp this concept. I long to have an intimacy with God because that is the way that I, and every person on this planet, have been created. But I would rather try and fill this space in me with everything else. I guess I have trouble grasping something that I have never truly known, I mean, I can only see that which is around me and that I can see and touch. I am too logical to say that I have seen the face of God in the little things, like the mighty thunderstorm or the sounds an infant makes. Because of this, I can say that I am a perfect human being. Think about it. Who but humans would be given the opportunity to walk with their Almighty Creator and choose to not? This is why I am a deeply lonely person. I choose to ignore the God who satisfies in an attempt to fill myself. I pray (or at least I will try to) that I will allow my God to fill me and that I can truly learn to trust Him for the first time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment